We teach the children:
- How to share
- The Alphabet
- Days of the Week
- Months of the Year
- About different types of weather
- Teach hand washing
- Provide nutritious breakfasts, snacks, and lunch meals
- Read the children stories (not only with books, but also with fingerplays, songs, and puppets)
- We talk about and discuss many different things, such as Fall, Body Parts, Special Occasion Themes, like Halloween and Christmas
- We also discuss different concepts, such as small and large, things that are the same, and things that are different
- We also teach sequencing order
The children also
- Get to color, trace the alphabets and numbers, and cut and paste
- Get to play with playdough and finger-paints, which is a lot of fun
- Learn how to take care of toys
- Learn to clean up after themselves
The children are
- Provided with cots and sheets in which they can take naps
- Given their own cubby in which they place their personal items
The director of the center is Rita Pirtle. I have an Associate’s Degree in Childhood Management. I also have training hours in Early Childhood Education, and I am trained in Children’s CPR and First Aid.
We use time-outs, redirection, and positive reinforcements.
We sent out Newsletters on upcoming events and information on things that will be happening at the center and in surrounding areas.
We have gone on numerous field trips and outings, such as Skating Rink, Movies, Park, Playworld, Pumpkin Farm, Zoo, and also Chucky Cheese. We’ve also gone to the Conway Library for Story Time and I let the children pick out books to bring back to the daycare.
But the most important thing we offer is a loving, safe, and secure environment for children to learn, grow, and experience different things.